Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

It is hard to believe this picture was taken one year ago today. Last year on Lucy's birthday we had the most amazing day goofing around at Disneyworld. Look at those crazy kids, not a care in the world. We had one of the best days of our marriage together. It was just a great day to celebrate how amazing my wife trully is. When I think about that trip I am amazed at how fast the year has flown by. So much crazy fun stuff has gone on. We left from there to have a great month at Southwind, then flew back to Chad's wedding which was awesome, then took Young Life kids to Sharp Top Cove, and that was only the middle of the summer. We have had so much fun over the last year. It has also been a crazy year for us. As the last two monthes have proven, but even before that. Trying to even get pregnant and both of us having to have surgery was quite the adventure. Then we never thought it our wildest dreams a regular weekend at Windy Gap would turn into the adventure of Wesley being born. But through all the craziness of the last year I have had the most amazing women at my side. Lucy is a blessing from God. I never thought much about who I was going to marry. Most of the time I just thought that the right women was out there but had no idea how to find her. Luckly God is the perfect match maker. He knew all a long I was going to meet Lucy and I would fall madly in love with her. Lucy is my constant support in a somewhat crazy life we lead. I know that no matter what I am going through I can turn to her and she will love me and give me good advice. My only hope is that I can share with her in person and in front of others how trully amazing she is. The most amazing part of Lucy is the fact she puts up with my dumbness a lot of the time. I am so grateful for her unconditional love. She loves me and others despite their faults and is a true picture of heavenly love. She is a prime example of the women in Proverbs 31 where it speaks of Lucy, "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." She is out of this world and I am crazy in love with her. More importanly now she is Wesley's mommy and man that kid is so freaking lucky. I cannot wait to watch her become more like a mother to him. We got another great year in store and I cannot wait to spend it with her. You guys keep thinking about how awesome Lucy is and I am going to go celebrate her today. Thanks for all the ways you love her so.

3 comments:

  1. It's my sister's birthday today too. :) Have a wonderful day Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Lucy!!! Have a great day!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Lucy! That was the sweetest post by Greg!

    ReplyDelete