Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kangaroo Care and Baby Steps!

This is one of my favorite things that I get to do. It is called Kangaroo Care. I get to hold Wesley skin to skin. It is suppose to do great things for him and me. It is such a sweet time. He gets to hear my heart beat and that reminds him of the womb. They say that it helps with his development all the way around and promotes a bond and closeness between us.

I spoke with the nurse this morning and got some good news. A small prayer answered! We all thought that he would have a spinal tap today noticing the trend of his head growing, but we were excited that we had held it off this long. Well the nurse measured his head this morning and it had not grown ! Praise the Lord. It stayed the same size. She also said that his head felt good. We are hoping that he might be starting to deal with it himself, if not and he has the spinal tap tomorrow then Thank you Lord for the answered prayer today!

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! The picture of you and Wesley is just the sweetest thing. I am so glad you are getting to do "kangaroo care"-it is such a sweet time and is so good for you both! Hoping Greg feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you two together is beautiful. It's wonderful that the nurses and doctors recognize the need for you two to bond and promote that as best they can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious that time is to you, Lucy. What a sweet thing! Still praying for all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wesley is changing so quickly. What a time of praise to see such positive changes and growth. In every update, I can see that growth and maturing of his features. He is one sweet cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I'm doing an article about kangaroo care and I found your blog through a Google Blogs search. Would you be willing to talk to me about your experience? If so, I can be reached at: RMadkour@ap.org. Thanks and best of luck to you and your family.
    Rasha

    ReplyDelete