Thursday, August 20, 2009

Can the Sound of Packing Tape Make you Go Deaf?

We are so excited about our new house and our move next week. We will be packing up the truck Wednesday night at 5pm for anyone that would like to help, we need all the help that we can get. I have really discovered what it means to live in the moment and just take it one day at a time. It is kind of scary to think how calm and not overwhelmed I am. (ask me again next Wednesday) Maybe I am in denial or it is just God . I am going with the latter, b/c frankly rivers scare me. That was funny(get it denial - The Nile) sorry for lame jokes. Here are some pictures of the new house. I include three pics that are my favorite features. We are truly blessed to have landed it and can't wait to make it ours. Outside of the house, I was so excited that it had grass! A lot of homes in that area do not.
The kitchen
The screened in porch that overlooks the huge fenced in back yard. Scout is going to love it!

We are feeling every emotion possible going in to this move, but mostly excited. I can't wait to be done with all the packing. The best thing about our house is that we have room to grow and have people over. So if you are ever in the neighborhood, stop on by, we would love to see you.

On the Wesley note, he is doing great. He had his 4 month immunizations and was sore from those, but he took it like a champ. After spinal taps and blood transfusions immunizations are a walk in the park. He still is on the verge of 12 lbs. He is becoming more aware everyday. He is starting to look around and focus on things and making little noises. I have so enjoyed the past couple of weeks and am bonding with him in new ways. He is such a stud.

Greg is doing great with his new job and Wesley and I are joining him down there tomorrow for a leaders retreat. Please pray for all the new transitions. We are excited about what God has in store for us and excited that he never leaves us or forsakes us. The same God who so intimately cared for us in Greensboro and Asheville will care for us in the Sandhills. What more could you ask for. Gotta go to bed, someone is going to waking up in a couple of hours.




6 comments:

  1. Lucy, LOVE the new house, it is beautiful! I didn't comment on the post before but the bath pix are so cute (minus the poo in the water). i am so glad to hear wesley is doing well and getting to be a big boy! good luck with the move. i love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is lovely! I'm so happy for you all :) Best of luck with the move, I'm sure you will have plenty of help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW! I love the new house! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful house and property!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the house!!! i hope you all are getting settled in...hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete